Both Botox® and dermal fillers have been used for years as a safe and effective way to subtly erase the signs of aging. Botox diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, while dermal fillers – a.k.a. Juvéderm®, Radiesse®, Restylane®, and Sculptra – are used to fill static wrinkles and to compensate for the loss of volume over time.
Both treatments have become so mainstream that we often take for granted the risks involved, especially if the proper steps aren’t followed before and after the injection. So, as a friendly reminder, the skin experts at Skin NV detail the do’s and don’ts of filler and Botox®.
Dermal Fillers DO NOT’S
- Avoid alcohol 24 to 48 hours before the injection.
- Stop taking blood thinners one to two weeks before getting treatment, including Vitamin E, fish oil, St. John’s Wart, garlic supplements, or ginseng.
- Avoid rubbing or massaging your lips after treatment.
- Do not apply lipstick 12 hours after the injection.
- Avoid facial treatments and facial massage at least two weeks after treatment.
Dermal Filler DO’s
- Start taking Arnica Montana to reduce bruising and swelling.
- Apply ice to the treated area.
- Wear SPF daily and reapply throughout the day.
- Keep the area moisturized morning, day, and night.
Dermal fillers are considered safe, non-surgical treatments, and are often used in combination with Botox® for the most natural rejuvenating effect. To learn more about the dermal fillers offered at our South Tampa med spa or to schedule a consultation, please call (813) 839-4141!
Botox® DO NOT’S
- Do not drink alcohol at least 24 hours before and after the injection.
- Stop taking blood thinners before treatment, including Vitamin E, fish oil, St. John’s Wart, garlic supplements, or ginseng.
- Avoid sleeping on the treatment area.
- Avoid exercise or strenuous activity at least 12 hours after treatment.
- Do not rub your face for 24 hours after the injection.
- Do not take painkillers or medications without a doctor’s approval.
- Avoid all facial treatments or massage for two weeks after treatment.
- Do not expose yourself to heat or sunlight after treatment.
- Facial exercises for at least 45 minutes immediately after the injection.
- Keep upright for four hours after treatment.
- Gently apply makeup with a dabbing motion instead of a rubbing or spreading motion.
It’s Not Cosmetic. It’s Confidence!
At Skin NV, we welcome your business and your questions regarding Botox® and dermal filler treatments at our South Tampa med spa. Give us a call today at (813) 839-4141 to learn more or to schedule a consultation with one of our skin experts!